How To Change Facebook Page Name
Now it’s quite easy to change facebook page name. But Facebook will have to approve your name change.
Changing your Page name is a BIG deal. it must be done right. you may not be able to change it again or at least for a while. Please read this entire article carefully!
How often can you change a Facebook page name?
Page name changes are only permitted once every 7 days.
The new page name may take up to 3-7 days to review, so make sure you start the process early to ensure that your new rebranding/name announcement launch is aligned across all efforts.
If your name change is approved, you won’t be able to unpublish the page or change the name again for another 7 days. During this time, Facebook will let your page fans know that your page’s name has been updated.
Constantly changing your Page name is confusing for your customers and followers. And it might make Facebook decide your page is spammy.
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name in a few steps
Before requesting a name change that may be rejected, I recommend you review the Business Page name guidelines. Some rules may surprise you!
How to change your Facebook Page name for a business
Login as an Admin of the Page you wish to change.
To request a change to your Page’s name:
- Click About on the left side of your Page.
2. Click Edit next to your Page’s name.
3. Enter a new Page name.
Make sure that your new name doesn’t break any of these Facebook naming dos and don’ts:
- Don’t use any variation of “Facebook” in your name.
- Don’t include your company slogan in your name.
- Don’t use random capitalization that would make your elementary school teacher cringe.
- Do be specific with your name.
- Do avoid misleading terms or words.
- Don’t choose words that can be discriminatory, violating, or abusive.
4. Click to Continue
If you don’t see the option to edit your Page’s name:
- You don’t have a Page role that allows you to change your Page’s name.
- You or another admin recently changed your Page’s name.
- There may be limits on your Page.
Keep in mind that changing your Page’s name won’t affect its username. Learn more about the guidelines for Page names.
What Page names are allowed on Facebook?
Page names must accurately reflect the Page. Keep in mind that only authorized representatives can manage a Page for a brand, place, organization or public figure.
Page names can’t include:
- Terms or phrases that may be abusive or violate someone’s rights.
- The word “official” if the Page isn’t the official Page of a brand, place, organization or public figure.
- Improper capitalization (example: tHe best CaFE). Page names must use grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capital letters, except for acronyms.
- Symbols (example: ® ) or unnecessary punctuation.
- Descriptions or slogans (example: The Best Cafe – We serve the best coffee in town). People who manage Pages can add this information to a Page’s About section.
- Any variation of the word “Facebook.” Learn more at the Brand Resource Center.
- Page names can’t consist only of:
- Generic words (example: Pizza). Pages must be managed by official representatives of the topics they’re about.
- Generic geographic locations (example: New York). However, you can create a Page name for an organization that represents a geographic location. For example, “New York City – Mayor’s Office” and “Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain” are acceptable Page names.
If That Doesn’t Work
Please Read Facebook page policies.